Fannin County Appraisal District
About Fannin County Appraisal District (CAD)
Fannin County is situated in the north east corner of Texas and has a populace of 34,000. The district is named after James Fannin, the administrator of the gathering of Texans murdered in the Goliad Massacre. The district was made in 1837 and coordinated in 1838. It comprises of 899 square miles, of which 8 are water. Fannin County contains the Caddo National Grassland, initially intended to reestablish the dissolved soil in the area however consequently held for sporting purposes. Fannin County is situated in Northeast Texas on the Oklahoma line. Bonham, the region seat, is 55 miles upper east of Dallas. The middle purpose of the region is at around 33°30′ north scope and 96°10′ west longitude. Fannin County involves 895 square miles of primarily blackland, with a claypan zone in the north close to the Red River. The geography has little assortment, with scopes of reasonably moving slopes all through the area. Fannin County has a height running somewhere in the range of 500 and 700 feet above ocean level. The normal yearly precipitation is a little more than 43 inches. The land is depleted by the Red River and Bois D’Arc Creek and is watered by various springs. The normal least temperature in January is 33° F, and the normal greatest in July is 94°. The developing season endures 228 days. The regular vegetation comprises of oak, hickory, debris, pecan, walnut, cottonwood, elm, cedar, and Bois D’Arc trees, just as redbud, spicewood, dogwood, pawpaw, and bantam buckeye. The primary regular asset is lumber; thus, wood-item produce has been significant in the neighborhood economy. Fannin County developed consistently from the Civil War to the turn of the century. Agribusiness remained the fundamental type of revenue, with the quantity of ranches expanding consistently, and crop creation expanding too. Cotton and corn were the two prevalent yields. Various new organizations additionally were begun after the war. Already just five assembling foundations worked in the area; by 1870 industrial facilities numbered 54, and new ones and kept on appearing. New papers incorporated the Bonham News (1866), Honey Grove Independent (1873), Dodd City Spectator (1886), Bonham Review (1884), and Honey Grove Simoon (1884). The Fannin County Bank was contracted in 1872. The main railroad in the district, the Texas and Pacific, constructed an east-west track across the focal point of the area in 1873. Significant people group got their first power in 1889. The principal phone trade started in 1889. The quantity of ranches consistently diminished after 1920, to just 1,533 of every 1987. Stock cultivating moved from swines and milk cows to hamburger steers. Pig creation gradually declined in the 20th century to just a little over 1,000 swines during the 1980s. By 1987, Fannin County had almost 65,000 meat cows yet two or three thousand creating milk cows. In 2002 the area had 1,976 homesteads and farms covering 483,446 sections of land, 59 percent of which were dedicated to crops, 32 percent to pasture, and 8 percent to forest. That year ranchers and farmers in the region acquired $57,364,000; domesticated animals deals represented $37,683,000 of the aggregate. Meat cows, wheat, milo, corn, walnuts, and roughage were the boss agrarian items.
The province seat is Bonham, perhaps the most established city in Texas and going back to when the district was framed in 1837: Bonham was consolidated as a city in 1848. The city was named after James Bonham, who looked for the guide of James Fannin at the Battle of the Alamo. In the subsequent universal war, Bonham housed a captive camp for caught Germans.